Thursday, May 12, 2011

Last one before the hills

I tenei ra: yesterday, in the morning we went to the ‘Monkey Temple’. The boys and I (if you read my last blog you will know who they are) spun heaps of prayer wheels and I think I saw about four monkeys. We climbed heaps of stairs and when we got to the top I was puffed out!
I bought a miniature prayer wheel, then we went down different stairs. On the way down I cracked my coconut on the stone stairs. After, we walked fifteen minutes to Buddha Park. There were three very big statues and they were gold coloured. One of them was the Medicine Buddha, another was Guru Rimpoche and the other was Pawa Chenrezig- the Buddha of Compassion. Guru Rimpoche was the man who took Buddhism into Tibet. The Medicine Buddha (I forgot his Nepali name) has a bowl of medicine that can heal all illness.
After that we went to Chez Caroline is a restaurant with a bundle of different shops around it. We played with some snap-dragon flowers. We squeezed then on the side to open the snap dragon flower.
That night we went to a hotel that had a stage-floor and what we watched was Hindu temple dancing. And the foot work was pretty cool, and so were the hands.
The next day, in the morning we stayed at our hotel. Bede and I went for a swim in the pool. The pool was cold, as usual! But it was a nice swim because the cold was not too much. Bede, Keir and I built some houses out of leaves, stones and bricks and sticks. We used those houses for our soft toys.
After that went to lunch at this place called Dwarikas. It is a hotel. There are quite a lot of courtyards. We went roaming around the place. After that Bede, Keir, Guthrie, Caitlin and Mike and i all went to Bauddha. were a relic of the Buddha was buried. I bought a really small dorje (something the monks use for blessing and ceremonies). And Bede bought a hand-held prayer wheel.
Later we went to Nima’s house for dinner. Nima is a relative of my grandma’s and granddad’s good friend. Before dinner my Mum rang up and Hine and I talked to her. She was at home in New Zealand. We had dinner and went back to our hotel. It was raining when we were driving back to the hotel….

3 comments:

  1. Awesome to follow your travels Tama. Stay well and see you when you get back x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamatera [ it's Luke here ]

    Your trip souns AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you are a very lucyy kid,not many kids get to go to the himalayas (especially whith your cousins)
    .See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tama

    Luke told me about your awesome blogs & i just had to see hem !!

    Anyway keep em coming !! :)

    ReplyDelete