Monday, May 23, 2011

I tenei ra We left to go to Chaunrikharka. Today the thing that I was most worried about was being very tired or heat stroke. But heat stroke would be very unlikely! Obviously, it was hot but not that hot. Today’s track would be up and down. Before lunch I walked with the Mitchell family. We were the first ones to get to lunch. When we got to lunch, after twenty minutes it started to rain and Hine came about half an hour after us, so she got a little bit wet.
In the sky, with the clouds there were planes and helicopters, they were going to Lukla. My Grandpa helped make the airstrip at Lukla in 1964. Five years ago, the last time I was in Nepal I went to Lukla. There was a big fire burnt down several houses. I was a little bit frightened because it was just down the track. In Lukla this is no way to put out a fire because they don’t have any fire brigade. This time I will fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Perhaps this time I will see the burnt houses.
After lunch I saw quite a lot of mules. Mules are a mixed breed between horses and donkeys. They are very useful for carrying loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment